- MEDICAL NEET
MEDICAL NEET 2022-23
- Last updated on Feb 9, 2023
- 1453.0k+ Student Enrolled
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. These courses include MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, and other allied medical courses. The exam is held once a year, usually in May.
To be eligible for the NEET exam, a candidate must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as mandatory subjects. The minimum aggregate marks required vary depending on the category of the candidate. Additionally, the age limit for candidates is between 17 and 25 years (relaxable for reserved categories).
The NEET exam comprises multiple-choice questions and is conducted in a pen-and-paper mode. The exam is of a total duration of three hours, and it consists of one section each for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Candidates who clear the NEET exam are eligible for admission to various medical and dental colleges in India, including government, private, and deemed universities. The final selection of candidates is based on their NEET score, as well as other factors such as state-wise merit lists, counseling, and seat allocation procedures, as per the admission criteria of the institution they wish to apply to.
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in government and private colleges in India. Here is some complete information about the NEET exam:
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in PCB (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates and 45% for PWD candidates).
- The age limit for candidates is 17 to 25 years (5 years relaxation for reserved category candidates).
- The exam is conducted in offline (pen and paper) mode.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours, and it consists of 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The question paper is divided into three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks, and 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The exam is conducted in multiple languages, including English, Hindi, and regional languages.
- The exam is usually conducted in the month of May.
- Candidates can apply for the NEET exam online on the official website of NTA.
- The application fee for the exam varies for different categories of candidates and can be paid online or offline.
- The admit card for the exam can be downloaded from the official website of NTA.
- The result of the NEET exam is usually declared in the month of June or July.
- Candidates can check their result on the official website of NTA.
- Candidates who qualify for the exam are called for counseling, which is conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) for 15% All India Quota seats and by the state counseling authorities for the remaining seats.
- The counseling process involves document verification, seat allotment, and fee payment.
This is the basic information about the NEET exam. For more detailed information, candidates can visit the official website of NTA.
NEET Previous Year Papers- Free Solved Papers PDF Download
Given below in the table are the detailed NEET Previous Years Papers with Solutions. Attempt the Papers to know about the type of questions asked and the difficulty level to upscale your NEET Exam Preparation 2024.