- LAW UPPSC-J
LAW UPPSC-J 2022-23
- Last updated on Feb 9, 2023
- 1453.0k+ Student Enrolled
UPPSC (Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission) conducts the UPPSC Judicial Services Examination, also known as UPPSC J, for recruitment to the post of Civil Judge (Junior Division) in Uttar Pradesh Judicial Service.
The UPPSC J exam is conducted in three stages: preliminary exam, main exam, and interview. The preliminary exam comprises multiple-choice questions and is conducted in an offline mode. The exam consists of questions from various subjects including General Knowledge, Law, and Analytical Ability. Candidates who clear the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the main exam.
The main exam consists of subjective type questions and is conducted in an offline mode. The exam consists of questions from various subjects including General Knowledge, Language, Law-I (Substantive Law), Law-II (Procedure and Evidence), Law-III (Penal, Revenue, and Local Laws), and Optional Paper.
Candidates who clear the main exam are called for the interview, which is the final stage of the selection process. The interview is conducted to assess the candidate's personality, aptitude, and legal knowledge.
The final selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Civil Judge (Junior Division) in Uttar Pradesh Judicial Service is based on their performance in the main exam and interview, as per the recruitment rules and regulations of UPPSC.
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission - Judicial Services exam, here is some complete information about the UPPSC-J exam:
- The candidate must have a law degree (LLB) from a recognized university.
- The candidate must be enrolled as an advocate under the Advocates Act, 1961 or a Bar Council of India or any State Bar Council.
- The age limit for general category candidates is between 22 and 35 years, with relaxation provided for reserved categories as per government rules.
- The UPPSC-J exam consists of three stages: Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview.
- The Preliminary Exam is conducted in offline mode and consists of 150 objective type questions based on various subjects, including General Knowledge, Law, and Language.
- The Main Exam is conducted in offline mode and consists of five papers, including three compulsory papers and two optional papers. The compulsory papers are General Knowledge, Language, and Law, and the optional papers are chosen by the candidate from a list of subjects provided by UPPSC.
- The Interview is conducted for candidates who clear the Main Exam and is aimed at testing the candidate's personality and suitability for the judicial services.
- The UPPSC-J exam is conducted annually, and the notification for the exam is usually released in the month of September or October.
- Candidates can apply for the UPPSC-J exam online on the official website of UPPSC.
- The application fee for the exam varies for different categories of candidates and can be paid online or offline.
- The admit card for the exam can be downloaded from the official website of UPPSC.
- The result of the UPPSC-J exam is usually declared within a few weeks of the exam.
- Candidates can check their result on the official website of UPPSC.
- After the final result of the UPPSC-J exam is declared, candidates who are selected for the judicial services are called for counseling, which is conducted by UPPSC.
- The counseling process involves document verification, seat allotment, and other formalities.
This is the basic information about the UPPSC-J exam. For more detailed information, candidates can visit the official website of UPPSC.
UPPSC-J Previous Year Papers- Free Solved Papers PDF Download
Given below in the table are the detailed UPPSC-J Previous Years Papers with Solutions. Attempt the Papers to know about the type of questions asked and the difficulty level to upscale your UPPSC-J Exam Preparation 2024.